*This page was updated May 14 2021
The Federal government has implemented some measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
• Three new benefit programs have been implemented effective September 27th, 2020: the Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), the Canada Sickness Recovery Benefit (CRSB), and the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB).
• Employment Insurance (EI) rules have changed effective September 27th, 2020 allowing more workers to qualify.
The Ontario government has announced changes to the administration of social assistance in response to COVID-19:
• OW and ODSP clients can access travel money to access Covid-19 vaccines.
• Expiry dates on special diet allowance, pregnancy-breastfeeding nutritional allowance and medical special necessities benefits, and pay direct arrangements, are being automatically extended.
• Current social assistance recipients can access expanded discretionary benefits.
• Clients who are facing a Disability Determination Package (DDP) or Medical Review Package (MRP) deadline and can’t get appointments to see their health care providers should call the DAU to request an extension at 1-888-256-6758
The use of this website and any communication with us is subject to
Neighbourhood Legal Services, 101 - 163 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 1S1
Tel: 416.861.0677 | Fax: 416.861.1777
Copyright © 2019 NLS.
Some rights reserved under an Attribution-Non-Commercial Creative Commons License. Click here to view License Deed