Here are some of our main ideas:
- This is not a cost cutting exercise: our budgets are not being reduced; in fact we looking to increase the number of people doing clinic work;
- By redesigning the community clinics system throughout the Greater Toronto Area we can move staff from administration and management to direct client work
- Core areas of legal service (eg immigration and employment law) can be provided more consistently across the GTA.
- We are making a commitment to do more community development and outreach work
- By working more closely with community partners we can provide better service and client access to our services because we can be closer to where they live and because we can, where appropriate, combine different kinds of service
- Resources for community legal clinics should be equitably distributed amongst the low income population of the GTA
If you would like to know more about these changes or talk to someone about them, please contact the clinic.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You can call the clinic (416-861-0677) and tell reception you want to learn more about transformation;
- You can come to the clinic and ask someone.
The GTA Legal Clinics’ Transformation Project also has a website: www.gtaclinics.ca There are more of the Project’s communications at www.betterclinics.ca